Heart and vascular diseases
Within the area of the Clinical Research Center of the Jagiellonian Center of Innovation, as part of the conducted research, there is a possibility of conducting a comprehensive and multi-specialist cardiovascular assessment for a fee. The examination aim is to assess cardiovascular risk based on a wide spectrum of laboratory, functional and imaging tests, computed tomography of the heart and coronary arteries and magnetic resonance imaging of the heart.
Tests are performed during one day in comfortable conditions for the patient by a multi-specialist team of doctors using modern diagnostic equipment that allows for comprehensive and non-invasive diagnostics of heart and vascular diseases at their early, pre-clinical and advanced stages of development. All examination results are consulted by a cardiologist specialist and summarized in the form of recommendations.
As part of diagnostics, the following test groups are proposed:
- laboratory tests: blood counts with smear, lipidogram (total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides), fasting glucose, inflammation indexes (OB, CRP), electrolytes (Na, K), coagulation system (INR index, APTT), uric acid, urea, creatinine, creatinine clearance, urinalysis.
- basic laboratory tests with additional assessment for: diabetes (glycated hemoglobin, microalbuminuria), electrolytes (Mg, total and ionized Ca), coagulation system (fibrinogen, D-dimers), iron metabolism (Fe level, ferritin, TIBC), diseases thyroid (thyrotropic hormone, FT3 and FT4 hormones), liver diseases (AST, ALT, GGTP, alkaline phosphatase, total bilirubin)
- ultrasound carotid Doppler ultrasound, ultrasound examination of lower limb veins, coronary artery calcification index in computed tomography or echocardiographic load test
- extended laboratory tests with additional assessment towards: cardiovascular risk markers (homocysteine), diabetes (insulin) and indicators of damage and heart failure (troponin I, myoglobin, creatine kinase with MB assessment, NT-proBNP natiuretic peptide)
- extended functional and imaging tests with additional non-invasive assessment of: coronary arteries by computed tomography (coro-CT), cardiac structure and function by magnetic resonance imaging
- diagnostic, functional and laboratory tests selected individually to the disease profile