Magnetic resonance imaging
At the Clinical Research Center of the Jagiellonian Innovation Center, research programs are conducted using the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. As part of the services provided, it is possible to perform a full spectrum of magnetic resonance imaging (MR), including:
- MR examinations in full clinical protocols using the complete range of high resolution sequences without and with contrast media - see price list, see anatomical areas
- MR examinations dedicated with the use of individually established protocols without and with the contrast agent (price to be agreed)
Each MR examination performed at the Clinical Research Center of the Jagiellonian Innovation Center is described by a qualified team of radiologists from leading highly specialized hospitals, who have extensive experience in assessing all radiological tests.
What is magnetic resonance imaging?
MR examination is one of the most modern methods of imaging body structures using magnetic field properties. It has extensive use in medicine to diagnose diseases, including brain, spinal cord, spine, joints, musculoskeletal system, chest, abdomen, pelvis, heart and vessels. Magnetic resonance imaging allows for a unique characterization of morphology and the function of tissues and organs, often providing information impossible to obtain by other diagnostic methods.
The use of a full spectrum of high resolution sequences improves the diagnostic value of the test, however, it requires that this test lasts at least 30 minutes, sometimes due to the need to make the correct diagnosis it must be extended to up to 45 minutes, and in the case of a heart test over 60 minutes.
What is magnetic resonance imaging?
The MR study is about getting images of body structures using radio waves in a strong magnetic field. Unlike many other radiological tests, it does not use harmful X-rays. The test is completely painless, it usually takes 15 to 60 minutes depending on the number of sequences and the resolution of the images obtained, and requires lying still. Intravenous contrast media is often necessary for a correct diagnosis.
How to prepare for magnetic resonance imaging?
Before performing an MR test, you should:
- determine the level of creatinine in blood serum (in any analytical laboratory) - applies ONLY to tests with the specified contrast; the test result is valid for 7 days
- do not eat 4 hours before the test - applies ONLY to tests with the specified contrast
- drink still water in unlimited quantities
- report to the center 30 minutes before the scheduled test time to prepare for it
- bring your ID card, medical records (previous MR, CT, X-ray, ultrasound examinations - test descriptions and CD / DVD, hospital and outpatient treatment information cards, other medical records you have) and reading glasses
- take your medication as directed by your doctor with still water
- notify the staff of the MR laboratory about the presence of any metal device i.e. pacemaker, cardioverter-defibrillator, neurostimulator, postoperative metal clips on aneurysms, metal filings in the eye, and any metallic foreign body; the appropriate security questionnaire is available at the reception desk
- inform MR laboratory staff about kidney disease, pregnancy and breastfeeding; the appropriate security questionnaire is available at the reception desk
- remember not to bring any objects containing metal (including keys, coins) or devices sensitive to magnetic field (including watches, telephones, magnetic cards) into the examination room; any doubts should be clarified with the staff of the MR laboratory
After MR examination with contrast medium administration, the fluid intake should be increased (for 24h) to remove the contrast medium faster. The test result can be picked up in person, through an authorized person, sent by post or by e-mail.
Prices and parameters of MR examinations
In order to guarantee the highest quality, each of the tests has been standardized and parameterized. Prices and duration of scanning performed tests are given for individual anatomical areas. However, the exact type, scope and type, number and spatial resolution of the sequences used are given for each type of test - it is displayed after clicking on a given test procedure.
Note: The duration of the test given only specifies the duration of the scan and does not include the preparation and positioning of the patient in the MR room. The duration of the test is closely related to the quality of the test - the longer the sequence lasts, the more accurate the image with the better resolution. The duration of the study may be extended in case there is a need to repeat or add custom sequences depending on the quality of the images obtained and the pathologies identified.
See the price list >>>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging examination using hepatospecific paramagnetic gadolinium-based contrast agent Primovist
It is possible to perform Magnetic Resonance Imaging using the hepatospecific paramagnetic gadolinium-based contrast agent Primovist used exclusively in MRI liver imaging.
Due to the fact that the Primovist contrast agent is ordered only for the needs of a particular Patient and in the case of a justified medical decision, a gross fee of PLN 700 is charged in advance, which covers the price of the contrast agent. After paying the above fee, the date of the examination visit is scheduled 2 weeks in advance due to the waiting time for the contrast agent.
On the day of the examination, the Patient covers the cost of the examination, which is PLN 610 gross.
The total test price = PLN 1400 gross, which consists of:
The price of the test = PLN 610 gross
The price of the contrast agent (paid in advance) = PLN 790 gross
In the event of failure to attend the scheduled examination date, the contrast agent will be kept at the Center until its expiration date and may be used by the Patient who has paid for it. If the contrast agent is not used before its expiry date, its costs will not be reimbursed to the Patient
Receiving test results:
- Personal collection or by an authorized person
The patient is informed by phone when the result is ready for collection. The patient or an authorized person (indicated on the day of the examination) may report to collect the result. The result is given only on the basis of presenting a document with a photo confirming the identity of the recipient.
- Sending results to the e-mail address provided
The result of the examination prepared by the radiologist is sent in the form of an encoded file to the email address provided during registration. The password enabling to open the result is sent to the indicated phone number.
- Sending results to the postal address provided
The result of the examination can be sent by post (deadline up to 14 business days) to the address provided by the Patient during registration. It is not possible to send the test results by post without specifying the particular address by the patient or on oral request.
The waiting time for test results are as follow:
- 21 business days from the date of the test,
- 21 working days from the day were joints were tested,
- 30 business days from the date of the test if postal selected as delivery option.
In our center we perform MR examinations of all anatomical areas. Each test is standardized and parameterized to guarantee the highest diagnostic quality. The full spectrum of tests performed for each anatomical area is detailed in the price list above. If you have questions or need more than a standard extension of diagnostics, please contact:
+48 12 340 24 02
+48 512 047 678